GEA Farm Technologies
Herd and parlor management system
- Comprehensive production and health data.
- Integrated monitoring and control of parlor systems.
- User-friendly displays and accurate reports.
Convert your data into information you can use!
Whatever your management style, DairyPlan C21 will help you obtain the information you need in a clear and easy manner through the latest software technology.
Evaluating, Analyzing, Monitoring, Benchmarking, and Planning: DairyPlan C21 offers the right software tools for successful management of your complete herd — from calves to milking cows to dry cows.
Reproduction and Herd Health Management
- Review and manage reproductive efficiencies.
- Pinpoint problem cows — fertility, mastitis & other health problems.
- Forecast milking cow numbers, dry cows and number of calvings.
- Organize herd health checks, vaccination & synchronization programs.
- Evaluate statistics on ailments and treatments.
- Detect heats on milking animals and youngstock with activity monitoring.
- Record and evaluate Body Condition Scores.
Milk Production Management
- Monitor milk production — daily, monthly and yearly averages.
- Prevent lactation pit falls and keep production where it should be.
- Identify and treat exception cows immediately.
- Integrate component test results by herd or by individual.
- Manage and view milking routines from the computer.
- Evaluate milk flow & production data.
- Measure milk conductivity and better monitor mastitis.
- Regulate and monitor connected hardware components.
- Analyze parlor performance and work flow routines.
- Sort animals automatically by setting criteria in software.
- Monitor parlor washing performance.
- Manage concentrate feeding.
- Interface with tank controls to record milk temperatures.
- Automatically weigh animals & record body weights on the move.
- Monitor DairyFeed calf feeders and manage youngstock.
Software for hand held (Windows® and Palm operating systems) computers allows users to view cow records and enter reproductive and health data anywhere on the farm. Data can be downloaded to the main computer.
Activity monitoring system
- Reduce labor.
- Increase pregnancy rates.
- Better monitor herd health.
- Limit need for hormones.
CowScout™ makes the principles of estrus detection easier for you.
- CowScout analyzes and displays an animal’s activity in 2-hour periods.
- Individual cow activity in one period is compared to the activity in the same period over the preceding days to develop a baseline.
- An attention notification is sent if the animal’s present activity has increased sufficiently or dropped significantly over several consecutive periods.
- CowScout sends an alert notification if there is a suspicious increase or reduction in activity, but not enough for a full attention notification.
- All sensitivity levels can be customized by user, so your activity benchmarks fit your individual operation and your cows.
Get instant health status updates by monitoring eating time.
- The CowScout neck tag continuously monitors for movement patterns related to forage intake and records the total time each day an individual animal takes in feed.
- The system compares the daily total eating time with totals from the previous 10 days.
- Significant changes in eating behavior indicate there may be a health concern with the cow, and she should be checked more closely.
- Eating time monitoring is especially important during the period before and after calving, when cows are under significant stress and more susceptible to disease.
- Early detection of a health problem also helps to minimize treatment costs and helps to avoid a drop in milk production.
- Eating time data works just like heat detection activity monitoring; when cows are out of range, alerts are immediately sent to your computer or mobile device and data can always be viewed online - anytime and anywhere.