GEA Farm Technologies
- Uses well water to cool milk — saves energy costs; improves efficiency of large bulk tank coolers.
- Wall or floor mounted — fits any milk room.
- Available in a number of sizes — designed to fit most any size dairy.
- All stainless steel construction — plates are made of 316 TI stainless steel to resist chlorine and pressure; attractive, durable and easy cleaning.
- Less restrictive flow design — cools more milk, faster.
- Snap-in gasket design — easier to assemble and re-assemble.
KoolWay® Milk Tank
Superior protection for your valuable milk
- Full line of milk tanks from 1000- to 8000-gallon capacity.
- Manufactured at our modern, dedicated tank facility in Galesville, Wisconsin.
- Greater cooling capacity and sturdy, long-lasting construction.
- Sturdy tank construction — inner tank made from 14-gauge stainless steel, inner tank heads from welded panels of 14-gauge stainless steel, which are hydroformed rather than spun for greater metal integrity.
- Superior quality assurance standards — the calibration meter and the proving tank are tested daily to be within .005% of each other to ensure accurate calibration; infrared testing assures proper distribution of insulation both during and after the insulating process; ultraviolet light tests using fluorescent dye to pinpoint leaks in refrigeration system.
- Patented ladder design — lifts to allow access to milk outlet valve.
- More cooling capacity — larger evaporator surface area promotes 25% higher cooling capability at the bottom of the milk tank where it is needed, unlike competitive tanks of the same size. KoolWay® panels are 60" wide vs. only 48" for competitors. Unique refrigeration circuitry allows use of 99% of the evaporator surface area.
- Consistent temperatures — foam injection and infrared testing assures the most complete insulation possible; temperatures will not rise more than 3°F even after 24 hours without refrigeration.
- Sanitary design — inner tank sides and heads are polished to a #4 dairy finish and all interior welds are thoroughly ground and polished to prevent trapping bacteria.
- Stronger, longer lasting evaporator panels — laser welded evaporator panels withstand ASME burst test pressures up to 1300 psi vs. only 970 for competitive spot welded panels.
- Complete warranty — 5-year limited warranty against refrigerant leaks, 5-year limited warranty on calibration, 1-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects.
- Fully programmable — allows custom settings for optimum cooling and washing performance.
- Controls up to four condensing units in three stages — reduces energy costs and helps prevent milk from freezing.
- Adjustable interval agitation — can be programmed to customers’ requirements to give more consistent samples in the tank.
- Remote display unit available — choose the complete contained unit or the remote display unit which allows the electrical components to be installed in a dry utility room.
- Four different wash programs available to meet the specific needs of the dairy.
- Can utilize two-part chemicals for the wash cycle.
- Expert can be programmed to sanitize the tank prior to first milking at a specified time.
Mueller Dairy Farm Equipment
Mueller® Milk Coolers
The Quality Standard in Milk Cooling and Storage!
You want quality equipment cooling and storing your source of income and Mueller® milk coolers set the world quality standard. Paul Mueller Company milk coolers are known for their dependability and durability, so you can count on years of trouble-free performance. Our coolers also provide low operating costs, precise temperature control, and a wide range of standard features. Mueller milk coolers protect your milk and your peace of mind.
Mueller milk coolers are built of polished stainless steel for durability and ease of cleaning. Our milk coolers feature double-wall construction to maintain temperatures and use our exclusive Mueller Temp-Plate® heat transfer surface for maximum cooling capacity and low energy costs. Mueller milk coolers are available in 12 sizes from 600 to 8,000 gallons to suit the needs of both large and small dairy operations. Heavy-duty agitators and automatic washing systems are standard features. Mueller milk coolers can even be adapted to your operational needs with a broad selection of Mueller refrigeration systems and control panels providing the most suitable range of features.
The cooler-mounted wash pump, clean-in-place (CIP) piping, and spray dishes couple together to provide the cleanest and most durable wash-ready system on the market. These components, working in conjunction with the agitator(s) and a Mueller control package, quickly prepare your milk cooler for another load.
The agitation system ensures proper blending and the even temperature distribution of milk prior to and during milking, as well as during sampling. The agitator assembly consists of a gear drive and a paddle with a milk-sweep design. A single gear drive is supplied with 2,700-gallon and smaller coolers, and two heavyduty gear drives are standard on 3,000-gallon and larger coolers.
Features and Benefits
- Type 304 stainless steel construction. Highly polished stainless steel provides durability and cleanability in an attractive package.
- Inner liner with exclusive Temp-Plate heat transfer surface maximizes refrigeration efficiency.
- Insulated, double-wall construction maintains high thermal storage efficiency.
- Available in 12 sizes from 600 to 8,000 gallons that allow you to buy a unit tailored to your specific storage capacity requirements.
- Built to exacting specifications that meets or exceeds all milk cooling and storage standards.
- Automatic cleaning system provides precise, controlled cycles and chemical dispensing.
- Adjustable legs with beam profile ensures uniform weight distribution even on uneven surfaces.
- Manway cover swings to side to provide easy inspection of milk and servicing of tank; seals tight to keep milk sanitary.
- Stainless steel ladder on 800-gallon and larger models allows safe access to manway cover during inspection and service.
- Connects to all Mueller condensing units and control panels, allowing you to choose the right components for your budget and operational needs.
Milk Coolers with Front Mounted Controls
Mueller milk cooler front mounted controls were developed with the end user and installer in mind. The all in one factory installed front mounted control system only requires electrical service connections, 24 volt condensing unit signal connections, water connections and wash chemical hose connections at the time of install.
- Sentry III Washing and Cooling Control - The Mueller Sentry III is one of the most adaptable control systems to hit the milk cooling industry. It can be programmed for any milking schedule with exact cycle duration for cooling, precooling, agitation, and cleaning. Flashing LED lights show the current refrigeration or washing cycle. The digital read out allows for easy temperature monitoring, wash and cooling cycle run-times, and programming. Please check out the Controls Section of our website for more information on the Sentry III and other control packages.
- Auto Dosing Control - The auto dosing controls are pre-wired to the Sentry III helping to reduce installation costs. All pump timing adjustments are easily made from the Sentry III. Our chemical dispensing container utilizes an air gap that eliminates any chance of chemical contamination in the city or well water.
- Automatic Washing System - An automatic electronically controlled washing system cleans and sanitizes all milk contact surfaces. All Mueller washing systems utilize the self-cleaning spray dish technology, instead of spray ball devices which can clog during operation.